Friday 5 September 2008

£4.71 food shop

With only £6.88 left in this weeks budget, I decided to spend the cash on food before the weekend set in and I was drawn to the Plough for a couple of pints. As I have mentioned before the cupboards are not bear yet, but I need a few items to keep the meals coming until Sundays arrives and the budget is renewed.

I've been to try out Lidls - the home of cheap food. A new experience for me as I generally head to Morrisons on the way home from work, or M&S in my lunchtime or Sainsurys if I fancy a walk. Lidls is a different beast altogether and rather than make a list of what you need and buy from it, you need to see what's on the shelf and work out a meal from wht you've got. More creative kicthen skills required - must work on that.

But I've spent £4.71 and came away with 3 tins of tomatoes, ragu sauce, 2 salmon fillets and a lettuce. Using things I already have I am sure that will keep me going and is more nutritious than toast and beans.

This leaves me with £2.71 for tomorrow. But I have a beer in the fridge and I'm quite happy to swim and watch a film this evening and and have a a spag bol type meal.

No comments: